Monday, July 07, 2008

UK cars!


Now I am in UK, and it's a must to blog about UK cars ;-) Though I still didn't get a chance to drive a car here, I like the way they drive their cars in UK. I have been here for 2 weeks now and never heard honking so far. Even the taxi drivers stick to this.. Amazing! I just think about honkers in Bangalore. Some guys will keep honking even there is no vehicle in front of him! He has accustomed to it :-)

Apart from this strange(!) behaviour, the Brits follow the usual road manners we Indian never do: Stick to lanes, speed limits, etc. In fact, this seems really boring for a typical Indian like me ;-) What's a drive without honking, overtaking in wrong side, overspeeding, jumping the signals, etc ?? Jokes apart, I'm dreaming when we Indians can acquire this habit... Sticking to road manners not only is safe for drivers, but for the pedestrians too.

Unlike US (which I'm yet to go), UK people like to own small cars ranging between 1.0 to 2.0 litres. I see 1.2 and 1.4 are hot favourites. The top sellers in this hatchback segment are Vauxhall (GM), Ford, VW, Toyota, Peugeot, Honda, Renault and Mazda. Astra being the flagship model for Vauxhall, Ford has Focus and VW has Polo & Golf. But I personally feel, the Honda Civic hatchback Type R simply steals the show..

No comments: